Families that come to The Kids’ Place hopeful to connect with people that can share in their grief journey with them. Each child is placed into a group according to their age and adults have their own group.
Each session is focused on a theme and then the activities, games, arts and crafts, journaling, video or sharing time is centered on that theme to engage the children to share about their loved one who has died. All age groups, including the adult group focus on the same theme each night creating opportunities for families to share and heal together.
- Session 1 – An Overview of Feelings
- Session 2 – What is Grief?
- Session 3 – Remembering
- Session 4 – Grief & Holidays/Loneliness/Sadness
- Session 5 – Making Memories
- Session 6 – Handling Changes
- Session 7 – Grief Games
- Session 8 – Anger & More Anger
- Session 9 – Guilt & Regret
- Session 10 – Reflections about the Person Who Died/ Coping Skills
- Session 11 – Dealing with Fears
- Session 12 – Many Questions/Confusion
- Session 13 – Favorite Music and/or Movie Clip
- Session 14 – Feeling Review & Hope for the Future