Facilitators and greeters provide a safe and supportive environment for children, ages 4-18 years old, and adults to grieve the way they need to grieve. Listen to and validate the feelings, thoughts, and words that are shared during the support groups and letting the participants lead you through their grief journey. NO COUNSELING background is required, just a love for kids!
In order for you to become a facilitator or greeter for The Kids’ Place, we require our volunteers to complete training that is provided prior to sessions starting. Previous bereavement experience is not required, just a love for children and the willingness to make a commitment to the program.
- Two Tuesday evenings per month
- Facilitators: From 6 PM - 9:30 PM on a set schedule
- Greeters: From 6 PM - 7:45 PM
- Facilitator Training
- 1 year commitment to The Kids’ Place
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Background check
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to actively listen
- Need to give back to your community
- Love for working with kids and willingness to make a difference in the life of a grieving child